Board Meeting Minutes

October 4, 2016

 

Attendance:

Mike Mastracco*                  

Gary Dorion*                                                

            Tom Lynch

            Patty Golas*             

*Voting board member

   

I.              Welcome: Mike Mastracco called the meeting to order at 6:15 at Barbagallo's.

 

 

II   Officer reports

a.  Mike discussed that we will need a full slate of new officers this fall, so we will need              a nominating committee. Bob Carbone has been heading up this task for awhile and       needs a helper. (Rick Kunz offered to do this during the membership meeting).

    Gary noted that we may need a “plan B” if we cannot get members to fill all positions.

 

Mike said that Bob has gotten several members to commit to the following : VP-Frank Gordnier, Membership, Pam Gordnier.  There are still several open board positions; President, Treasurer, Secretary, Activities Chairperson and if Pam moves to Membership we will need a new Regalia Chairperson.

 

Tom Lynch said he will put information in the next newsletter stressing that we need members to attend the November meeting to vote..

 

Mike mentioned the member of the year award that is usually presented in January.  We need to be thinking of who we want to nominate and let him know after he emails us in the near future.  We will finalize by the November 1st Board meeting. Mike is contacting Fred Galster to get the trophy mailed up to him for engraving.

 

Mike said we need to get a volunteer to head up the “After the Holiday's” Party. He will mention it tonight at the membership meeting and see if anyone comes forward.

 

Our November meeting will be a Halloween Party of sorts so Mike brought up the idea of the club purchasing dessert.  Tom Lynch volunteered to do this. We discussed cup cakes and cookies decorated for Halloween

 

Mike talked about possible upcoming activities. (See below)

 

Tom mentioned that we are in need of a new “Tech” list because many of the people on the list have moved away. Mike will bring this up at the membership meeting later tonight.

 

b.    Vice President: Gary stressed the importance of members attending the November meeting to vote for our new slate of officers.

 

c.    Secretary: Neal could not attend so Patty Golas took notes for him.

 

d.    Treasurer: Patty reported that we have $7,873.12 between the two accounts. The Eurocar account is down to $309.21 and will be closed this week. Taxes have been completed and accepted by the IRS.

 

 

IV. Old Business:

                None

V. New Business

   None

 

ACTIVITIES

11/1  General Meeting

11/26 or 27 or Dec 3rd Brunch and then Skaneateles visit with the Dickens Characters.

Pam Gordnier said she will host this event.

 

Possible activities for the future:

Pumpkin or Apple picking in October.

Museum tour day in January

 

 

Submitted: Patty Golas for Neal Johnson, Secretary